First Year, Current and Transfer Students
Students who do not meet these criteria may apply for admission to the Honors Program and their application will be considered holistically.
These admission requirements are “target criteria.” While priority consideration will be given to students who meet or exceed the requirements, the Honors Program Admissions Committee considers the totality of each student’s application with emphasis on academics and civic engagement. UMKC wants Honors Program students who will be leaders in the classroom, in all aspects of campus and community life, and who are highly motivated to succeed academically.
First Year Students
First-year students should have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or above in the core (17-unit) curriculum.
Transfer students must meet at least one of the following criteria.
- All the admission criteria for first-year students as stated
- College-level GPA of 3.5 or above
- Participation in the Honors Program at their previous college or university
- Students currently enrolled at UMKC must have a UMKC cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above
Applications for admission to the Honors Program are considered on a rolling basis, and students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- Fall semester – August 1st
- Spring semester – January 7th